Sunday, February 26, 2012

And we are Back

I tried to start this a year ago, however I started a new job and I didn't end up with a season pass (last season we had record snow and it felt like I missed all the good storms with what day passes I had due to work and other reasons). Overall last season was good though. I got two great cat skiing trips and got to ski at  Snowbird for my birthday (technically the day after which was July 2nd).  After a two year hiatus, I am thrilled to have a season pass again, even if the snow isn't the greatest this year. There is nothing like heading up the canyon to Snowbird with that pass dangling from around my neck. I have a great wife who lets me out the door to ski even with two small kids at home.
Its hard to believe that 15 years ago Bob Woods took me night skiing and that event has forever changed my life. In the last 15 years skiing has influenced my choices in career, friends, spending time and money and how I view life. Its been an amazing journey and the snow conditions this year could dampen my spirits, but I am just grateful to ski.Why waste my time complaining when I could be skiing. There is a lot still to come in this season to look forward to and if all goes well, there will be at least 3 more months of skiing, a 3 day cat skiing trip, new boots to break in, testing skis from a local ski company and maybe even learning how to build a pair of skis myself. So pray for snow and get out there and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment